Call them what you like--resolutions, goals, plans--, a list for 2011 just seems like a good idea.
Here I go......
1. Goodbye, 'garnet/sand color combo' in the bedroom. I'm liking chocolate/sand/frost; fortunately, this change does not involve repainting the walls!
2. A tossing day for the myriad of mugs, plates, and whatnots that fill the kitchen cabinets, tentatively scheduled for my first day off.
3. Check to see if the treadmill still works. If so, I will JUST DO IT!
4. Write a letter, to BigBro & MidBro, each month. And save them until the boys leave for college.
Or, later, whatever seems prudent. Because, I cannot seem to communicate my love, fears, dreams, and memories to them without some eye-rolling taking place. On all our parts :-)
5. Make Sunday night dinner a sacred time. Everyone present and accounted for.
6. Start another scripture journal. I did this in 2007 and the process helped me to grow in my walk with God.
7. Sing more. Even if this means that I spend a bit of $$ to update my iPod component (I use a
Shuffle. There isn't a speaker dock for the silly thing!).
8. Organize the closets in the classroom one more time. And may it be the last.
9. Create the memory book for the kindergarten class. I planned to do this over the holidays, but Shutterfly is s l o w and I didn't finish before leaving town. Maybe I can combine #2 and #9 .....HaHaHaHA!
10. Remember that tomato juice counts as a serving of vegetables. And edamame is a protein.
11. Breathe. Ferris Bueller is still quoteworthy: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and
look around once in awhile, you could miss it."